This is a full-time, salaried position with the purpose of running our weddings and events, and also leading our busy Tasting Bar & Bistro. The position will report to the Events Manager and the Food & Beverage Manager respectively.
General Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Banquets – Banquet Captain
- Oversee banquet service operations and ensure that all banquet service details are executed.
- Assist in ensuring that the events run on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel/department.
- Meet with Events Manager and review Event Plan at the beginning of each shift to ensure rooms are set as contracted.
- Confirm and set-up any A/V equipment needs for the event.
- Responsible for the performance of the banquet service staff, including direct supervision of the banquet staff. Provide leadership to the staff in the absence of the Event Manager
- Ensure that quality service is provided for all guests
- Be an active liaison between the guests and staff to ensure outstanding customer service, while maintaining company procedures and complying with company policies
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, or concerns from guest to Event Manager
- Perform inventories and order supplies as needed in collaboration with the Event Manager
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned by Event Manager or Food & Beverage Manager
Tasting Bar/Bistro – Lead Hand
- Direct the work of Tasting Bar & Bistro staff, while working alongside as part of a team
- Appraise staff productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status
- Involve the Food & Beverage Manager in situations that require disciplinary action
- Apportion work among staff based on daily scheduling provided by Food & Beverage Manager
- Responsible for beginning and/or end-of-shift duties including, but not limited to cash outs, proper end of day closing operations, re-stocking and releasing staff at break times or end of shift.
- Partner with the Kitchen to provide timely and accurate food service
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Banquets, Food & Beverage, Conference Services or a related discipline is required. Some supervisory experience is preferred.
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage a team
- Teamwork and flexibility
- Serving it Right Certification
- Food Safe Certification
Helpful Related Skills and Abilities:
- Wine knowledge
- Audio Visual skills (microphones, projectors, computers and similar equipment)
Please reply to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.
Only those candidates meeting our requirements will be contacted.
Thank you for your application!