Tasting Room Associate – Oliver
Church & State Wines is looking for outstanding tasting bar staff to work at their Oliver tasting room during the summer season. Recognized as one of the top wineries in the valley we are looking for sales staff to match this profile. The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for promoting the sale of our wine through exceptional customer service, and providing consumers with a meaningful wine tasting and experience. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade.
- Greet all visitors to the Tasting Room, pour wines for tasting, discuss wine and respond to customer questions.
- Drive retail sales in the wine shop and up sell guests on wine purchases and winery experiences
- Ensure that every visitor enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our wines.
- Is knowledgeable about our wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of our company.
- Effectively promote and sell our wine to customers.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
- Participate in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
- Facilitate the shipping of wine to customers.
- Participate and assist with special hospitality events that occur at the Winery.
- Represent Winery at outside functions if required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of wine and winemaking processes.
- Consistently demonstrate outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with diverse client groups.
- Possess professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible and can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Must be able to meet physical needs of the position including the ability to lift approximately 40 lbs and able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be of 19 years of age and have a Serving it Right Certificate
- Candidates may submit their cover letter and resumé to email@example.com